MARCH BREAK & SUMMER CAMPS
2020 SUMMER CAMP SESSIONS NOW REGISTERING!
Click for more detailed information on each camp:
REGISTRATION OPEN: Make a Movie Camp (Grades 1+)
REGISTRATION OPEN: Make a Feature Camp (Grades 6-12)
POSTPONED: Leaders in Training – Senior Filmmaker
|SUMMER Camp Update, June 12 2020|
Under the guidance of the Province of Ontario, we are modifying our programs to ensure we meet the strict guidelines that have been put in place by the Ministry of Health to keep campers, and staff safe.
By carefully following the required guidance and our modifications to our program, we are confident that we can continue to offer a fun and memorable Make-a-Movie summer camp experience for your children:
UPDATED Make a Movie Camp Hours
Camp Drop Off: 8:30am – 9:00am
Regular Camp Hours: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Camp Pick Up: 3:45pm – 4:15pm
After Care: 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Morning Drop-Off will take place outside, at the side of the theatre building to support the required physical distancing. While we will do our best to ensure this is a quick process, please allow yourself time each morning for this to take place safely.
All families will be required to maintain proper distancing while waiting to sign in each morning.
Pickup will take place at the same location as drop-off. Parents will be provided with a number to text upon arrival in order to pick up your child.
Camp Fees and Registration Information
Our Make-a-Movie Summer Camp fee has increased to $325.00 per camper for the week. After Care continues to be available at $10.00 per camper, per day.
The reasoning behind the $45 increase is due to increased staffing costs, increased camp equipment costs and lower camper enrollment – all to ensure we meet and exceed all COVID19 guidelines. At the original camp rate we would be operating summer camp at a deficit.
After June 19, 2020, our standard cancellation policy remains in effect:
Cancellations requested in writing 1 month prior to camp start date will be refunded in full. Cancellations requested in writing after the 1 month deadline, but 7 days prior to camp start date, will be refunded less a $45 administration fee per child, per week cancelled. No refunds are given within 7 days of start of camp.
If your child cannot attend for medical reasons, please contact us immediately for consideration.
New Documents & Forms
Each camper will be required to have a signed waiver on file prior to attending camp. This waiver will be sent out by email to all registered families within the month.
All campers, staff, and any visitors will be required to complete a daily online screening form (the link to be provided to registered families the week prior to camp start).
What you need to know
- Camp will be divided into 3 separate groups/cohorts.
- Each group will have a maximum of 10 people (including leaders).
- These groups will be kept separate and will operate with no overlap of leaders or campers.
- Each group will have their own indoor space.
- While outside, groups will maintain a minimum of 10 meters distance
- Each group will have their own filming equipment that will not be shared between groups.
How do I know which group my child is in? How are groups determine?
- Groups will be assigned in advance by our admin team and your camper will be informed of their group at drop off on the first day of camp.
- Campers from the same household will be placed into the same group.
- Campers who are needing aftercare will be placed into the same group.
- *To avoid disappointment, please let us know right away if your child has signed up with a friend.
Health and Safety
- Our Movie Camp will be employing a Medical Student/Nursing Student that will be solely responsible for monitoring and ensuring adherence to all new policies and procedures as they relate to Covid19
- Hand washing breaks will be followed throughout each day
- Hand sanitizer will be available to each group throughout each day.
- Camp groups will have designated washrooms for the week. These washrooms will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Cleaning logs will be posted and monitored
Our team is working diligently to ensure a safe, FUN, and creative environment for our summer filmmakers. This will be a summer to remember, and we can’t wait to see what film scripts our camp groups come up with each week of camp.
If you have any questions, please reach out.
I will update as more details are available.
Film.Ca Cinemas Inc.
|SUMMER Camp Update, May 21 2020|
Our SUMMER Camp will operate as scheduled.
When REGISTERING – please select “pay later” as your option so you can hold the spot until we email to ask for final payment. *Final & full payment must be made when requested or spot will be lost*
The safety of our campers and staff is our top priority.
While we continue to wait on specific guidelines from local and provincial governments, we have put the following policies in place and will continue to adjust and improve our camp to meet and exceed all requirements.
In order to continue to keep everyone safe, we will be implementing the following practices. *note these policies may change/adjust as we receive guidance from health care professionals*
- Our camp will proceed with smaller groupings
- Every camper will have their temperature checked every morning at drop off and again at lunchtime.
Children with fevers will not be allowed to attend. All parents are asked to remain with your child upon drop off until temperature confirmed.
- We have increased the frequency and will be constantly disinfecting all surfaces, equipment, furniture, doors and door handles, handrails, light switches, washroom facilities, etc.
- We will be mopping all floors daily with disinfecting cleaner
- We will be requiring and monitoring frequent hand washing; campers will have frequent “hand wash” breaks scheduled throughout the day. Camp staff will also be required to frequently wash hands and will have log books to monitor compliance
- There will be hand sanitizer available in each camp activity area and throughout the cinema
- All toys and filmmaking equipment will be sanitized daily
We ask that if you, or your child is sick, please stay home.
If we are advised that we need to cancel our program, we will refund the pro-rated fees to your original method of payment.
This situation remains fluid and ever-changing and we appreciate your patience as we work diligently to ensure proper safety for every camper and staff while ensuring a FUN and CREATIVE camp experience.
Please reach out directly if you have any questions or concerns at all,
Film.Ca Cinemas Inc.
Cancellations requested in writing 1 month prior to camp start date will be refunded in full.
Cancellations requested in writing after the 1 month deadline, but 7 days prior to camp start date, will be refunded less a $45 administration fee per child, per week cancelled.
No refunds are given within 7 days of start date.
If your child cannot attend camp for medical reasons, please contact us immediately.
Bryn Perras, Camp Supervisor