Ontario has created an enhanced vaccine certificate with QR code to make it easier to verify your proof of vaccination!
How To Download
Head to the COVID-19 vaccination portal. Click “Download your vaccine certificate” and follow the steps.
You will need:
- a green photo health (OHIP) card
- your date of birth
- your postal code
Or call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 to have your enhanced vaccine certificate emailed or mailed to you.
When Can I Download?
- October 15, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between January and April
- October 16, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between May and August
- October 17, 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.: All individuals born between September to December
- October 18 at 6:00 a.m. and on: All individuals regardless of birth date
Using My Certificate
Save the electronic version of your vaccine certificate with the QR code to your phone or print a paper copy.
You will need to show this and a piece of ID (photo ID not required) when entering the cinema. We will scan the QR code with the Verify Ontario app, which never stores personal information.
You can continue to use your current vaccine receipt, though it’s recommended you download this certificate for an easier and more secure process!
For more information on this certificate, visit news.ontario.ca
For all our safety policies, visit film.ca/welcomehome