Today marks one year ago that we closed due to COVID-19 for the first time. The past 365 days have truly been a journey for us here at the cinema and we know it has been for all of you too!
While we remain closed and unable to screen movies right now, we wanted to put a positive spin on this and look back at all the things we have accomplished during this crazy time, despite all the hurdles. We are so glad that so many of you have been following along with our story and are so thankful for every step of your support along the way. (Hello to all of our new followers and guests too!)
Between March 16th, 2020 to March 16th, 2021, we have….
- Produced and released our documentary One Pandemic Day
- Started raising funds for our tv show Coming Distractions (and now have 2 out of 8 episodes funded so far)
- In the process of beta testing Zuzu VOD, which is the video-on-demand service we hope to launch soon
- Continue to run free weekly/monthly online live trivia shows on a variety of movie themes
- Launched our gourmet popcorn brand Zuzu’s Popcorn at the cinema and now nationwide on www.zuzuspopcorn.ca
- Held a sold-out Trunk or Treat Halloween event in our parking lot filled with awesome local businesses in attendance
- Launched our Buy a Seat Campaign (Thank you for getting us to 350 seat plaques sold!)
- Launched our Film.Ca branded merchandise (masks and hats!)
- Became a drop-off point for the food bank, PPE, and toy donations
- Screened movies and held private rentals when we were able to be open
- Continue to be open for takeout every weekend via www.film.ca/takeout and delivery apps
- Offered our Film.Ca At Home rental service via our website
- Held our annual Make-A-Movie camp and added our new Make-A-Feature program during the summer
….and so much more!!!
All of this would not be possible without the continuous support from our friends, family, guests and community.
We hope that shortly we will be able to open again and welcome you all back home to the cinema. Fingers crossed that good news will come soon, not just for us but for the rest of the world too! (everyone definitely could use it).