THE HOBBIT MARATHON – JUST ANNOUNCED!
Come see ALL THREE HOBBIT MOVIES on Monday December 15th for only $19.75! This includes the brand new THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF FIVE ARMIES three days early at 7:00! We are the only theatre in Oakville doing this!
12:45 – The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (170 minutes) PG
4:00 – The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (161 minutes) PG
7:00 – The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies (144 minutes) STC
Admission is $19.75 for all three films, they can not be purchased individually.
There will be approximately a 20 minute intermission between each show
Thanks so much for the following groups for making our 2014 Oakville Santa Claus Parade participation a success:
- A Action Towing for donating use of the flatbed truck and our fantastic driver Helio
- Freshco (Third Line and Dundas) for donating six carts to push our popcorn in and bags to collect food for the Oak Park Neighbourhood Centre
- RetroFestive for again supporting us and providing Home Alone toques for everyone as well as Jeff’s A Christmas Story bunny suit
Vote for our float to win the People’s Choice Award by taking the survey here!
We at Film.ca Cinemas invite student councils from Oakville’s high schools to participate in a fun fundraising promotion we are planning for the release of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 starting next Thursday November 20th!
Mockingjay is set to be the most popular film of the year for teens and we wanted to find a way to give back to them when they come see the movie. So we are calling it the Oakville High School Hunger Games – a friendly fundraising competition between Oakville’s high schools!
All students need to do to participate is come see Mockingjay at Film.ca Cinemas between November 20th and December 4th. Participating schools will have a ballot box set up in our lobby (all done by us, no work required on your part) and students will deposit their ticket into their school’s box when they come to see the movie. That’s it!
For every ticket in your school’s box, we will donate 50 cents to your student council. In addition on December 5th, we will tally the tickets in each box and the school with the most tickets will receive a $250 donation in addition!
All Oakville high schools are welcome to participate. Please contact Tori Nixon at vnixon(at)film.ca or 905-338-0494 ext. 206 to sign up your school and to get posters for distribution at your school.
FIND US WEEKLY IN THE OAKVILLE BEAVER!
Starting today, Thursday November 6th, you can find our listings weekly in Thursday’s Oakville Beaver on the front page of the Artscene section along with an ad! We start off this Thursday with a full page outside wrap advertising our upcoming fall movies. We are pleased to be working closely with our friends at Metroland on this and much more in the future!
This month’s Halton Green Screens selection is The End of the Line. It is a fascinating documentary about the environmental problem of over-fishing. The show starts at 7PM. Admission is $5 or $2 for students.
Join us for A CHRISTMAS STORY and HOME ALONE after the Oakville Santa Claus Parade November 15th FREENovember 2, 2014
It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year again…
We are proud to announce that we will be holding our annual free post-Santa Claus Parade screenings again this year on November 15th!
This year we are bringing back probably our biggest holiday hit, A CHRISTMAS STORY, for the first time since 2011! We are also presenting HOME ALONE!
A Christmas Story – 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM
Home Alone – 11:45 AM, 2:00 PM
COMMUNITY GROUP INFORMATION NIGHT
If you are involved with a charity, community group, school, team, church, club, or any other group doing good in the community and looking for ways to raise funds and spirit, join us here at the cinema on November 5th from 5:30-6:30 PM for an info session on the different events we run for community groups! There will be snacks and each attendee gets a free Night at the Movies pass for two!
Please contact Tori Nixon, manager of communications and community outreach at vnixon[at]film.ca or 905-338-0494 ext. 206 to register.
Rules and Etiquette
There’s a reason that the Rocky Horror Picture Show has never left theatres since its 1975 release, and that’s because the screenings are so much fun! If you’ve never been to one before, here are some basic rules and etiquette to follow for our special screening. First the safety rules:
- No outside beverages are allowed in the theatre (just like always).
- Respect the cinema, staff and other guests. If you are destructive in the cinema in any way or rude/inappropriate towards other guests, you may be asked to leave.
- Do not throw anything at the screen, walls or other people. When throwing items, throw them up and back into the air.
- Absolutely NO OPEN FLAME (including lighters and candles) allowed. Should fire alarm be activated due to failure to comply, you will be held liable for any charges imposed by the Oakville Fire Department as well as any damages and/or losses incurred by Film.ca Cinemas Inc.
- Stay in your seat at all times during the movie (except during The Time Warp!)
- Any bags, purses or backpacks brought into the theatre may be checked and contraband items will be confiscated. Please try to leave bags at home or in your car.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING
- eggs, prunes, hot dogs or any outside food product other than dry rice or dry toast
- lighters/candles/sparklers/any other source of open flame
- confetti – rice is okay but confetti is too difficult to clean up
- Silly String/shaving cream/any other messy spray
- SuperSoaker-type water guns
FEEL FREE TO BRING
- dry rice
- dry toast
- rubber gloves
- a SMALL, EMPTY squirt gun (fill it up once you get here – must be empty when you arrive)
- party hats
- toilet paper
WHAT DO I DO?!?!
Check out the following links for some participation rules. Just remember: have fun, but don’t impede anyone else’s (including our cleaning staff’s!) enjoyment of the movie.
LET’S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!
On October 31st, 2014 at 11pm, Film.ca Cinemas and Comic Connection proudly bring the cult classic musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show to Oakville! We are the only cinema in the GTA other than the Bloor in Toronto hosting a Halloween screening of Rocky Horror and we want everyone to come out and celebrate.
Tickets are $10 each. We also have a special package: $20 gets you a ticket, bus from Sheridan College to the theatre and back, and UNLIMITED POPCORN AND POP.
Get your tickets here now, it’s sure to be a busy night!
A bus will be running between the Sheridan bus loop and Film.ca Cinemas with pickup at 10pm and 10:30pm and drop off around 1am after the show.
Thanks to Comic Connection for sponsoring this awesome event!
This month’s Halton Green Screens movie is Edible City, screening October 9th at 7PM, followed by a talk from Halton Food Council.
Tickets are $5 at the door and $2 for students.