If you are coming to The Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight but have not purchased your ticket yet never fear, WE HAVE ADDED EXTRA SHOWS! One screen is sold out but we are ready to go with the movie on three screens.
If you click to buy tickets online the 11:00 show will tell you it is sold out. That’s okay – click the 11:05 show to buy tickets. All of the shows will start around 11pm and when you arrive you may pick any of the screens we are showing it on.
SEE YOU TONIGHT!
COMMUNITY GROUP INFORMATION NIGHT
If you are involved with a charity, community group, school, team, church, club, or any other group doing good in the community and looking for ways to raise funds and spirit, join us here at the cinema on November 5th from 5:30-6:30 PM for an info session on the different events we run for community groups! There will be snacks and each attendee gets a free Night at the Movies pass for two!
Please contact Tori Nixon, manager of communications and community outreach at vnixon[at]film.ca or 905-338-0494 ext. 206 to register.
Rules and Etiquette
There’s a reason that the Rocky Horror Picture Show has never left theatres since its 1975 release, and that’s because the screenings are so much fun! If you’ve never been to one before, here are some basic rules and etiquette to follow for our special screening. First the safety rules:
- No outside beverages are allowed in the theatre (just like always).
- Respect the cinema, staff and other guests. If you are destructive in the cinema in any way or rude/inappropriate towards other guests, you may be asked to leave.
- Do not throw anything at the screen, walls or other people. When throwing items, throw them up and back into the air.
- Absolutely NO OPEN FLAME (including lighters and candles) allowed. Should fire alarm be activated due to failure to comply, you will be held liable for any charges imposed by the Oakville Fire Department as well as any damages and/or losses incurred by Film.ca Cinemas Inc.
- Stay in your seat at all times during the movie (except during The Time Warp!)
- Any bags, purses or backpacks brought into the theatre may be checked and contraband items will be confiscated. Please try to leave bags at home or in your car.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING
- eggs, prunes, hot dogs or any outside food product other than dry rice or dry toast
- lighters/candles/sparklers/any other source of open flame
- confetti – rice is okay but confetti is too difficult to clean up
- Silly String/shaving cream/any other messy spray
- SuperSoaker-type water guns
FEEL FREE TO BRING
- dry rice
- dry toast
- rubber gloves
- a SMALL, EMPTY squirt gun (fill it up once you get here – must be empty when you arrive)
- party hats
- toilet paper
WHAT DO I DO?!?!
Check out the following links for some participation rules. Just remember: have fun, but don’t impede anyone else’s (including our cleaning staff’s!) enjoyment of the movie.
LET’S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!
On October 31st, 2014 at 11pm, Film.ca Cinemas and Comic Connection proudly bring the cult classic musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show to Oakville! We are the only cinema in the GTA other than the Bloor in Toronto hosting a Halloween screening of Rocky Horror and we want everyone to come out and celebrate.
Tickets are $10 each. We also have a special package: $20 gets you a ticket, bus from Sheridan College to the theatre and back, and UNLIMITED POPCORN AND POP.
Get your tickets here now, it’s sure to be a busy night!
A bus will be running between the Sheridan bus loop and Film.ca Cinemas with pickup at 10pm and 10:30pm and drop off around 1am after the show.
Thanks to Comic Connection for sponsoring this awesome event!
This month’s Halton Green Screens movie is Edible City, screening October 9th at 7PM, followed by a talk from Halton Food Council.
Tickets are $5 at the door and $2 for students.
Due to the weather forecasts projecting thunderstorms and high winds for this evening, the showing of GHOSTBUSTERS in Oakville Towne Square scheduled for October 3rd has been POSTPONED to October 10th. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to see you next week!
We are continuing to upgrade our facilities to serve you better. Today a brand new HVAC system arrived from Appleby Systems! This will keep us nice and toasty during the winter and cool during the summer (avoiding the malfunctions of this past summer is a welcome improvement for our guests and staff alike!)
You may have noticed that in the summer we installed brand new seats throughout theatres 1, 2 and 3. The process has started for theatre 5 today, and we’re not done playing with our seating arrangements yet… stay tuned for some extra-comfortable news soon.
Edit: And here it is! We’re giving you more leg room in our theatres. Here’s the beginning of the project in Theatre 1.
Join us on the evening of October 24th for some kid-friendly Halloween activities! COMIC CONNECTION OAKVILLE will be bringing by some favourite superheroes to meet and activities, we’ll have some candy to give out, and while you’re at it, check out the new movie The Book Of Life!
Very excited to welcome back our friends from Sheridan Animation for their students nights again this year! This year, the first one is for The Boxtrolls tonight at 8:45 pm.